Monday, April 22, 2013

Vets and Tests

It's been a little while since I've updated you on my liver issues. So, here goes...

Back in February I was supposed to have surgery to take off my butt lump, but my blood work came back wonky. One of my liver enzymes was too high.  The vet did lots of tests that week, but couldn't figure out why the level was so high. So, we decided to just try a new medicine to see if that helped.

I took the new pills for a little over a month, and then Mom took me back to the vet to see if they helped.  Unfortunately, the results weren't so good. Instead of going down, the liver enzyme level went way, way higher.

Mom talked to the vet and they decided to do an ultrasound on my tummy. So I went to a different vet's office for that.  They shaved my entire belly...did the ultrasound...and even took "samples" of my liver with needles.  OUCH.

With my allergies and the shaved fur, I scratched myself raw over the next few days.  You can kinda see one of the red spots on my side here:

And I did my best to be super, duper pathetic.  One time, Mom even brought me breakfast in my doggie bed!

After all of that, you know what the ultrasound told us?  NOTHING!  That's right...we still have no idea why my enzyme level is high.

This afternoon I have to go back to the vet for some more blood work. Mom says we're going to check my cholesterol, triglycerides, and thyroid.

Unfortunately, Mom also decided that I had to be CLEAN to go see the vet. That meant a bath...

Here I am waiting to be freed from the bathroom....with a couple of toys nearby, of course.

Plucking on a squirrel while Mom attempted to blow dry my furs:

I plucked like crazy once the squirrel and I were liberated from the bathroom of torture.

Then I actually fell asleep with the squirrel in my mouth.

Squirrel butt.  (HE HE HE)

This morning, Mom refused to give me any breakfast.  She put away all of my bully sticks, too.  So, naturally, I tried to insist she bring out the goods.  I barked nonstop for a while.

Then Mom got out the spray bottle and squirted me.

The woman just doesn't understand...

Mom says we won't have any of the test results until later this week.  We're both tired of tests and waiting...


  1. Sorry I really don't mean to laugh but you are the cutest funniest girl ! You always make me smile ... I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for good results ... ♥

  2. My sweet wee lassiepoo !!! so much pesky tests xxx hope they all stop soon...sending HOOOOOOG Pasiwuzzzzes

  3. You are such a sweetness. I keepin u in ma pwayers. I lubs u!

  4. We have all our feets crossed for you sweetie. What a torturous few days
    Benny & Lily

  5. Awww sweetie, we don't like to hear that our sweet Buttons is having trouble. I'm purring for you and M said she'd put you in her prayers. We HAS TO GET YOU BETTER! So we're going into high gear here with purrs and prayers!

  6. The evil bath. I hope you are doing better soon

    Stop on by for a visit

  7. Oh Buttons, I'[m so sorry you have to go through all of this. I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

  8. I am sorry to be readin bout your trubbles my pal....I wishes you luck wiv da tests and, most impawtantly, the outcome....woof

  9. You keep on wif good spirits, hope & spunk my cute widdle pal! UR momma lubs U, & so does UR vet & all ob us! Da answers will come - and until den, I gots U in my thoughts & prayers!

  10. Buttons I haf my paws crossed dat everfing comes owt ok on your tests. (Sorry abowt da baf, yuck!). Maybe u will get new toys after V.E.T.

  11. You was *GASP* shoosted with the squirt bottle? Should I come repossess you now?


Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.